Thanks for your interest in volunteering for the Murphy Craft Beer Fest.
This event will take place at Murphy Central Park on April 28, 2018! Please be sure to navigate our website pages to review all the event details.
We need your help to run a safe, responsible, and fun event for everyone who loves craft beer. Once you fill out this form, expect to hear from us no later than April 21st with further instructions.
For this event, we can use up to 50 volunteers.
If we have more applicants than we need, we’ll use the following criteria:
- Those who have volunteered at local breweries, or one of our previous events
- Those who are TABC-certified
- Those who wish to volunteer for the entire festival session on Saturday
- Those who volunteer for the second portion of the festival.
After that, we will base sign ups on a first-come, first-served basis. Please understand if you are not selected, it is simply because we have filled all our volunteer spots.
Parking will be provided at no cost to volunteers.
NOTE: All volunteers MUST be 21 years or older. Please only fill this out if you are 100% sure you can commit to volunteering. If you fill this out and are later unable to, please contact us and let us know here: https://murphycraftbeerfest.com/connect/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As a volunteer, I am committed to:
- If TABC certified, I agree to pour NO MORE than 2oz samples into every festival sample cup per sample given. I also agree to mark each sample card, when a sample is poured. Failure to follow these practices will result in me being asked to leave the venue.
- Be dependable, recognizing the commitment and responsibility to my volunteer assignment(s).
- Accept assignment(s) consistent with my interest, abilities, and available time.
- Avoid conflict of interest situations and refrain from actions that may be perceived as such. Volunteers should reveal any potential or actual conflicts of interest as they arise.
- Not accept tips, request meals to be paid for, or otherwise accept payment for my volunteer work.
- Address ethical concerns by speaking directly with the colleague/responder with whom I have the concern; and when necessary, report such to my leader in the defined chain of command.
- Treat all individuals with a sense of dignity, respect, and worth. Make a personal commitment to be nonjudgmental about cultural differences, living conditions and the life-style of each person with whom I work.
- Avoid profane and abusive language and disruptive behavior that is dangerous to me and others.
- Respect all confidential information. Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client or other persons.
- Not preach to anyone or pressure anyone to accept my political, cultural, or religious beliefs.
- Respect and use all equipment appropriately and as required for my assignment.
- Not use, possess or be under the influence of illegal drugs at any time while serving as part of Murphy Craft Beer Fest. If I indulge in alcohol, I promise to do so in a responsible manner that will not prohibit my ability to perform my volunteer duties during my shift.
- Abstain from all illegal activity.
- Wear applicable volunteer apparel as requested. All items of clothing must be suitable for the work environment and should not contain offensive or objectionable material, slogans or graphics.
- Follow safe workplace practices, including participation in applicable education sessions, using appropriate personal safety equipment and reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe situations to security personnel. I will also report suspicious activities to the volunteer supervisor and security.
- Recognize that I have a responsibility to adhere to the rules and procedures of the event. Failure to do so or failure to satisfactorily perform my volunteer assignment may cause me to be subject to dismissal.
- To the fullest extent of the law, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless, Brewvolution, LLC, the City of Murphy, Weiss Enterprises, B-Weiss Entertainment, its owners, employees, subcontractors, consultants, and agents from and against claims, damages, losses and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from performance of the work in the affected area if in fact the material or substance presents the risk of bodily injury or death and has not been rendered harmless provided that such claim, damage, loss or expense is attributable to bodily injury, sickness, disease or death, or to injury to or destruction of tangible property (including other than the work itself) except to the extent that such damage, loss or expense is due to the sole fault of negligence of the party seeking negligence.
- Nature of Relationship. Nothing herein shall be construed to create an employer-employee relationship between Brewvolution, LLC, the City of Murphy, Weiss Enterprises, or B-Weiss Entertainment and myself.